Greetings Readers – yes, it’s Wednesday again. I know it’s painful and I feel for you. So put down your Snickers bar and strip down to your bare skin – it’s scale time. Since I started up WLW again, I’ve lost a total of six pounds.
Well – I think it should be 6.2 pounds because I was wearing my socks on the scale.
It’s been a struggle – no lying here. And we’re heading into the most calorie laden time of the year. Some of my tricks to keep my butt from taking over my zip code are:
– Water, it’s all about the water. The more you drink, the more you’ll lose. It keeps you hydrated and it helps you to feel full sooner.
– Going to a friend’s for dinner? Volunteer to bring a fruit or veggie plate.
– Don’t deprive yourself. I’m not a fan of stuffing so I’m safe there, but I do love mashed potatoes and gravy. My trick is to take a smaller portion and for every bite of that decadent dish, take two bites of veggies and big water.
– Desserts – did you know pumpkin pie has the least amount of calories of all pies? 1/8 of a pie sans whipped cream, is about 300 calories. Light whipped cream (in a moderate amount!) can add 25 – 50 extra calories.
– Snacking – think raw and avoid processed. Veggies w/ cream cheese are tasty and filling.
What are your strategies for watching the calories?